Gas Inspection and certification

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have got a property with a new boiler, not been switched on and gas is piped up but not turned on at meter (it can be and I have done briefly to check ok)

How do I go about getting someone qualified to inspect the system and pressure test it and then setup the boiler as per manufacturers instructions.

I had someone fit it all for free as a favour to the derelict property I bought and he did on the provisio I don't use it until it was checked over.

Any Advice gratefully received, i'm in Worcestershire

Rob

Sponsored Links
If the person who did it is not Corgi registered it's an illegal installation and the supply must be capped off. The Installer should be reported to the HSE.
You must not use the appliance or you commit a further offence. You are the Responsible Person, and have already committed one in letting the work be done on the boiler and gas pipe work.

You need someone Corgi Regd who is prepared to dismantle the installation and do it properly.. It's now not a new boiler.

Otherwise your boiler warranty, house insurance etc are void.

Happy hunting.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back