gas install quote

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hiya
any opinions on this?.........

"In putting this quote together for you, we have had to make a couple of assumptions, if these are incorrect then the quote can be modified accordingly;

* We assume that you already have a gas connection at the house (if not please say, as we can help you with the process to get one)
* We assume that you have a gas meter and a supplier (ditto)

Our quote is based around a good quality boiler with a good reputation and an outstanding 5 year full parts and labour warranty;

We would;

* Remove and dispose of old heating equipment in the house as required by you
* Make good any pipework configurations in anticipation of a combi boiler system design
* Design and build a central heating circuit in 15mm soldered copper tube
* Supply and fit up to seven high quality compact radiators, each with a thermostatic head for individual zone control
* Supply and fit a chrome heated towel rail for the bathroom
* Supply and fit a Worcester Bosch 25 Si 'A Rated' condensing combi boiler with a 5 year warranty
* Supply and fit a Worcester flue, earth cross bonding stip, and a digital multi programmer
* Flush and clean the system in accordance with Worcester installation instructions
* Commission and certify the system
* Register the boiler with your local Building Control department (Part L Building Regulations requirement)

Our all-inclusive, no nonsense quote for this work is £3,300

Supplied with thanks, and hopefully will speak to you soon.
Kind regards"

Sponsored Links
I would want 22mm central heating piping with 15mm branches.
Unless that is what they are meaning.
Go for a white radiator rather than chrome the white gives off twice the
heat.
Otherwise sounds reasonable.
Ask for estimate start and time to complete.

if you 'prefer' a worcester and dont know anything other than the name i would also insist on a filter on the return pipework to the boiler.
there are better boilers on the market that also come with a 5 yr warranty.

intergas boilers have 4 moving parts, so when your 5 yrs are up you still only have 4 moving parts to worry about. you will need to employ a platinum installer to get the 5 yrs tho. 2yrs is a standard warranty.

boilers are like light bulbs, you buy a pack of three from tesco.
1st is duff
2nd lasts 10 yrs
3rd last 10 mins

except they are more expensive. the odds are against you. a lot of the problems with boilers are down to who puts them in. i personally have never been back to any i have fitted. (not because i am ignoring calls!) :LOL:

Sponsored Links
For that sort of money and if you stick with a worcester the 30si gives you slightly more hot water flow rate. If it's fitted before the end of the year you should also get 7 years parts and labour warranty if installed by an accredited installer.

Our quote is based around a good quality boiler with a good reputation and an outstanding 5 year full parts and labour warranty;

And then you spoil your sales pitch by using the following

* Supply and fit a Worcester Bosch 25 Si 'A Rated' condensing combi boiler with a 5 year warranty

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

if you 'prefer' a worcester and dont know anything other than the name i would also insist on a filter on the return pipework to the boiler.
there are better boilers on the market that also come with a 5 yr warranty.

intergas boilers have 4 moving parts, so when your 5 yrs are up you still only have 4 moving parts to worry about. you will need to employ a platinum installer to get the 5 yrs tho. 2yrs is a standard warranty.

boilers are like light bulbs, you buy a pack of three from tesco.
1st is duff
2nd lasts 10 yrs
3rd last 10 mins

except they are more expensive. the odds are against you. a lot of the problems with boilers are down to who puts them in. i personally have never been back to any i have fitted. (not because i am ignoring calls!) :LOL:

surely the worcester 24/28 i and junior range only had 4 moving parts! that technology was 10 years ago, interestingly they have moved away from this technology! don t be kidded by the adverts that this is all new and groundbreaking!!!

op the quote is reasonable to me!

My usual suggestion is for a separately controllable zone for the bathroom radiator, which will enable you to have a warm surface to help dry towels during the summer months while the rest of the system is turned off. That's what I installed and it works a treat.

A 7 rad system sounds like a 3 bed semi, so the independent pipe run for this setup shouldn't be too dear. :D

surely the worcester 24/28 i and junior range only had 4 moving parts! that technology was 10 years ago, interestingly they have moved away from this technology! don t be kidded by the adverts that this is all new and groundbreaking!!!

op the quote is reasonable to me!

yes they did, i have repaired quite a few of them. IMHO they are good boilers. why would they introduce more parts? didnt they work well enough? why DID WB move away from no diverter valve ?
(genuine questions)
i would also assume that in 10 yrs the 'technology' would have advanced to improve the less moving part advantage?

genuine question again.

put answers in a seperate thread if it will hijack this thread please. thanks!

They moved away from it because they were too fragile to deal with the stresses involved. The Intergas HEX is rock solid and genuinely a new innovation.

I would have thought the Worcester four pipe boilers were too flimsily made.

The DHE pipe was so thin it rapidly scaled up in many cases!

The diverter valve system is more resistant to lime scale problems.

Tony

i am a platinum installer for intergas. as the OP is in cornwall its a bit far to go for the job!

never done any other boiler course so i am biased. but for simplicity and future maintenance?
my very first worcester commisioned in 1989 broke down within 24 hrs with a faulty pcb. customer went apesh%% and called me back.

after a 15min convo where i agreed to pay engineers visit in the event of it being my fault, the engineer attended, changed the fan, aps, then the gas valve then the PCB. great innit when you have all these parts to hand? :p obviously there are odd glitches in any factory, and i expect it, i have a WB11-35 greenstar myself, but would have an intergas if it ever died.

just done a quick search. there are 27 parts listed in the 'short parts list' for the worcester 24i/28i junior.
there are 21 parts listed in the spares kit for the intergas range, AFIK the parts are interchangeable across the range. (I may be corrected there) heat exchanger sizes may vary.

i am a platinum installer for intergas. as the OP is in cornwall its a bit far to go for the job!

never done any other boiler course so i am biased. but for simplicity and future maintenance?
my very first worcester commisioned in 1989 broke down within 24 hrs with a faulty pcb. customer went apesh%% and called me back.

after a 15min convo where i agreed to pay engineers visit in the event of it being my fault, the engineer attended, changed the fan, aps, then the gas valve then the PCB. great innit when you have all these parts to hand? :p obviously there are odd glitches in any factory, and i expect it, i have a WB11-35 greenstar myself, but would have an intergas if it ever died.

just done a quick search. there are 27 parts listed in the 'short parts list' for the worcester 24i/28i junior.
there are 21 parts listed in the spares kit for the intergas range, AFIK the parts are interchangeable across the range. (I may be corrected there) heat exchanger sizes may vary.

waiting for your own boiler to break down will be like waiting for the queen to come to tea!! you ll never fit an intergas at yours...you won t need to!

;)

You're not supposed to include the chassis, display flappy thing and wiring blocks. :rolleyes: ;)

The 24/28i had 5 moving parts as far as i can remember fitted loads a good low priced boiler, boards a bit suspect though, dont know why they went away from the biothermic ht ex, so no not new technology?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back