Gas keeps going out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We have Potterton Puma 80 combi and for as long as I can remember if the central heating is on and the hot water is switched on too quite oftem the gas will go out along with the pilot light.

The only way to get the boiler back on is to go through the procedure of starting the pilot light. Sometimes this will happen three or four times a day.

If only the central heating is on the gas never goes out.

Does anyone know why this is happening?

Regards Farmer John

Sponsored Links
If you mean going out the way I think it to be, It's probably overheating- Possibly because min/max gas pressures are out of range, sensors faulty,pcb not responding to changes in resistances from sensors or blockage...I cant think of anything else, but it is 1.35 in the morning!

Regards

You need to get an RGI to check gas pressures at the boiler, and at the meter.

You need to remove the front cover and watch the red LED on the PCB.

It should come on and off with the tap. If its staying ON after tap is turned off then the flow switch is sticking causing overheat.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Thanks everyone for the advice. I will get the gas pressure checked and also see about the red LED on the control PCB.

As it happened about a year ago I had terrible problems with the boiler which eventually turned out to be several dry/broken joints on the control PCB connectors which was solved quite easily with a soldering iron.

Regards FarmerJohn

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back