gas lead pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello,

we have had a survey done on a house we like.
the gas pipe coming into the property is lead.

I would like to know if the gas board would replace said
lead gas pipe up to the meter for free. if so any idea if there
is a waiting list?

regards,

Sponsored Links
Where does he lead start? is it actually coming into the property in lead, or is it the connection to (or from) the meter in lead?

I cannot say I have ever seen a lead gas mains pipe, and I have been around for a while :)

i would imagine you are on about the pipes attached to meter as opposed to pipe coming in from street
Nope if you phone them they will not come out and do for nothin
If they attend for other reasons then usually the guy will change the inlet for free but the outlet is down to the customer .
Firemant who you kidding you must remember the wooden mains ;)

Sponsored Links
i would imagine you are on about the pipes attached to meter as opposed to pipe coming in from street
Nope if you phone them they will not come out and do for nothin
If they attend for other reasons then usually the guy will change the inlet for free but the outlet is down to the customer .
Firemant who you kidding you must remember the wooden mains ;)
@gas112 I have seen asbestos mains and only once a fibreglass main

seen the wooden main in leicester gas museum along side the gas radio

I dug up a lead gas pipe on Blackpool, and then cut into it.

The man from Cadent said there are still a few round Blackpool and Preston but they are planning on renewing them in the next couple of years. Still charged my work £1500 to renew that one though :(

hello,

we have had a survey done on a house we like.
the gas pipe coming into the property is lead.

I would like to know if the gas board would replace said
lead gas pipe up to the meter for free. if so any idea if there
is a waiting list?

regards,
Why do you want to change it, is it causing a problem? My supply is a steel pipe till close to the meter, then an inverted U in lead to the meter. Out of the meter it's a flexible corrugated stainless steel pipe up to the copper house piping. Always been OK.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back