Gas Oven flame Low - Oven doesn't get much above 140c

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I'm renting an apartment & there is a very old cooker, the make says Samus. The rings work fine & flames go low-high & regulate OK. The oven doesn't seem to regulate or the flame go up, kinda seems constant no matter where you adjust turn the button to increase the flame. I cannot see any regulator & this oven looks so old I don't think there is a regulator from the flame, any clues?

I attach some pictures of the inside of the oven & where the gas exits/enters the oven, via the flamer (don't know the tech' name). I was thinking to swap a button to see if this would increase the flame, but I don't know if the hob/ring button gives the same regulation(?) they all visually look the same.

The oven button moves freely, but the flame stays constant no matter where you position the button, & it has 3 settings off, low & high.

I've attached some pictures to see if this helps, it's frustration as it take forever to bake!

This is as big as the flame gets!

Thanks in advance for any pointers!

Attachments

• CIMG4188.JPG
    CIMG4188.JPG
    202.4 KB · Views: 199
  • CIMG4187.JPG
    CIMG4187.JPG
    237.2 KB · Views: 202
  • CIMG4189.JPG
    CIMG4189.JPG
    259.3 KB · Views: 219
  • CIMG4190.JPG
    CIMG4190.JPG
    237.9 KB · Views: 207
Sponsored Links
My guess is there'll be a thermostat that has failed. I have a range cooker with two ovens. One lights up but stays on pilot, which is what I think is happening here. I think it'll be the thermostat, but since the other oven works I've not bothered repairing it yet.

Get your landlord to call a gas safe engineer, you cannot do diy repairs on gas appliances.

Thanks for the replies, I don't think there is a thermostat in this cookers it looks about 15/20 years old !

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back