Gas pipe along heating pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am planning to insulate central heating radiator pipes to running under a suspended floor.

However I have discovered that a gas pipe runs alongside a heating pipe. They basically touch each other (both are 15mm copper pipes) so that I would need to insulate around both of them.

Is it a good idea to wrap gas and heating pipes in such way?

Sponsored Links
It wont do any harm to insulate them as one, but could be worth marking the gas pipe for what it is for later on so someone doesnt mistake it for a heating pipe in the future and cut into it.

It wont do any harm to insulate them as one, but could be worth marking the gas pipe for what it is for later on so someone doesnt mistake it for a heating pipe in the future and cut into it.

Thanks for that quick reply!

Good idea re. marking the gas pipe.

Sponsored Links
I like to paint mine yellow.
Why would you paint it the wrong colour?
Why would you paint it in a domestic situation?
Why would you paint it when it's 15mm

lol.

I was thinking of sticking a blinking led strip on them, which would have solve the issue of finding them in the dark, but perhaps phosphorescent yellow paint would suffice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back