Gas Pipe Feeds

S

sturharv

I would just like your thoughts on this please.

A gas meter cupboard is being proposed for a job I am working on. The contractor is proposing to bank them (8no.) internally within a dedicated meter room, it has access directly to outside and will have louvered doors for the ventilation as required.

The gas feeds will then run from this cupboard with internal distrubution pipes to the apartments. Most of the pipe runs are around 10m, but I think some of the second floor flats will have runs approaching 25-30 metres.

I’m no gas expert but are there any issues with running the pipe feeds this distance or is it not a problem as long as they are correctly sized and the required pressure is achieved?
;)

Sponsored Links
Any building is only allowed one entry from the mains so banking them is the only option.

The pipes in the building will need to be sized and marked for each unit for connection to the correct meter.

The tricky bit. :LOL:

The riser pipes to each unit will need to be in an fire proof riser which is ventilated top and bottom, the pipes will almost certainly have to be steel. The building inspector and the fire brigade will have to be involved before you get a certificate.

Thanks, so the issue is more with other items, not really the length of runs.. does the 'top and bottom' ventilation need to be directly to outside air, quite difficult as most service riser cupboards tend to be positioned centrally in the building for ease of distribution?

Sponsored Links
No they would be ventilated into an communial area.

All your questions should be answered in the planning stages, it could mean redesigning the whole building if new :eek:

Stairwells and common areas must be protected

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back