Gas pipe to greenhouse heater

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having new green house delivered next week and want to lay pipe for heater for CORGI chap to connect and test to supply. I have been supplied with Kutinex rigid pipe. He told me to solder and wrap joints. Is the pipe ok being rigid, if not what is the alternative? Would it be advisable to lay it on a bed of sand? He has asked me to leave it uncovered in order for him to do a gas test once connected?
Thanks for your advice.Just making sure that this solution is ok.

Sponsored Links
I am a bit concerned about you be able to solder the joints as I understand gas pipe that is buried has to be yellow plastic ( or corrogated stainless steel with a yellow plastic coating. )

Copper pipe laid direct in earth can corrode very quickly in the "wrong" type of soil conditions.....

Never heard of Kutinex (and Google doesn't bring anything up either). Can you confirm the exact name please.

You cannot wrap joints until the pipework has been tested which only the CORGI can do. Also, what depth has he told you that you must bury the pipe to?

Sponsored Links
What type of appliance is it, and what wattage, and how far is it from the meter to the greenhouse, of which how much is underground?
And what diameter has he given you?!!!

ChrisR said:
What type of appliance is it, and what wattage, and how far is it from the meter to the greenhouse, of which how much is underground?
And what diameter has he given you?!!!

Damn it, ChrisR. They was going to be my next set of questions. :LOL:

giblets said:
gas4you said:
Don't wrap any joints until he has tested it either ;)

Sorry, Dave :LOL:

You cannot wrap joints until the pipework has been tested which only the CORGI can do

Sorry giblets you are correct :oops: Bacardi clouding my vision :LOL:

Had a shi*e day with firstly a 40 mile round trip with customer not there then another local call with customer not there :rolleyes: yet we are always the bad guys :mad:

I'm invoicing them both though for the first hours attendance ;) Bast**s :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back