gas pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
when doing the house up i ripped out the old type gas pipe to replace with a new one.

what size does this need to be?

Dotn worry, I want to do all the piping and then get a corgi registered engineer to pressure test it and do final connections, i'll just get it ready

is 22mm or 28mm required?

Sponsored Links
Depends on what its feeding, how long the run is, how many elbows and bends you use?

You risk installing it in contravention of some gas reg you don't kow about - might be better to get a corgi to do the job.

As ChrisR says, you would be contravening Gas Safety Regulations (a criminal offence :eek: ) by installing the new gas pipe yourself and probably invalidating your house insurance if anything went wrong.

Sponsored Links
giblets said:
As ChrisR says, you would be contravening Gas Safety Regulations (a criminal offence :eek: ) by installing the new gas pipe yourself and probably invalidating your house insurance if anything went wrong.

Chris didn't say they would be contravening gas safety regs by installing it, he said they may install it in a way that doesn't comply with the regs (which would incur more expense putting right prior to testing &c).

As to size, it depends on the demand of the appliances that are to be fitted/installed.

It will probably be easier to get someone in to do it for you...

(this has been done to death elsewhere on the forum)

Chris didn't say they would be contravening gas safety regs by installing it, he said they may install it in a way that doesn't comply with the regs

My apologies :oops: . In that case I will say it:

You would be contravening Gas Safety Regulations (a criminal offence) by installing the new gas pipe yourself and probably invalidating your house insurance if anything went wrong.

Unless, of course, you are a competent person in installing gas pipework. In which case you would not have asked the original question 'cos you would know.

Thats better.

Somebody had to fill in as duty pedant...

where is Softus? :p

BoxBasher said:
where is Softus? :p

I said he was a computer R.I.P Softus

images

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back