Gas plumbed as a ring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
is it within regs to install gas as a ring? Im just looking at an existing installation, not installing or altering or anything, just curious.

basically, its a figure 8 with the supply fed in at one corner, 35mbar 2"

Sponsored Links
To me, it seems like an excellent idea.

But the first time I have heard of it for gas!

I seem to recall ring gas mains were used in some factories. But special care would have been needed to ensure isolation of a section of the ring in the case of a leak or for when alterations were needed.

I seem to recall ring gas mains were used in some factories. But special care would have been needed to ensure isolation of a section of the ring in the case of a leak or for when alterations were needed.

thats how we realised it was a ring, so I decided to draw it out. Was just curious whether that sort of design would meet the regs in principle

Sponsored Links
Id get into a discussion about it because it's quite interesting, but in the interest of commercial anonymity I can't

Id get into a discussion about it because it's quite interesting, but in the interest of commercial anonymity I can't
So why ask the question in the first place?...without the necessary information then how did you expect an answer?
No skin off my nose..:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

So why ask the question in the first place?...without the necessary information then how did you expect an answer?
No skin off my nose..:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I thought it had been answered thats why lol

As far as im aware, we have no special dispensation for this particular part which supplies plaque heaters mostly and the odd boiler which have their own governors at aboit 20 mb i assume.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back