Gas Valve Settings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Baxi Platinum 28 HE (47-075-21) has had the following fitted. Refurbished main heat exchanger, refurbished PCB, new electrodes and a second new gas valve. The boiler is back up and running but the gas goes off as it gets near the temperature the central heating has been set to and then the gas repeatedly goes on and off until the boiler gets to the set temperature and then the gas goes off until the temperature has dropped enough for the boiler to fire up again. The cycle repeats continuously until the thermostat in the living room turns the boiler off. I thought it could be a faulty CH NTC sensor but if I turn the hot water to the lowest setting I get the same problem.

I cannot remember what the high setting is apart from the fact it is within 8.7 +/-0.2 however the low is 8.3 which is on the low side but within tolerance 8.4 +/- 0.2. I can get the plumber back and have him set it to 8.5 or even 8.6 which should sort out the problem but before I do that does anyone know if anything else could cause the same problem.

You need a Registered Gas Installer not a plumber.
We've told you before you won't get gas advice here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back