Gas Water Heater

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is fitted in the kitchen of my new house (new to me) the survey described it as an internious water heater of some age and not safe.

Anyone know much about this unit?

I will be getting it changed to a combi before I move in tho.

Looks right dodgy and old to me.

Sponsored Links
Compartment ventilation and how do you remove the bottom cover for maintenance are possibilities.
Its called an instantaneous water heater.

Sponsored Links
45yearsagasman";p="2021850 said:
Compartment ventilation and how do you remove the bottom cover for maintenance are possibilities.
Its called an instantaneous water heater.[/quote

Cool, just doing some googling, some not nice stories of these things.

Sooner it is replaced the better I think :)

Nothing wrong with these Main Medways. You have bought a tin pot of a house that's all.

A quick google suggests:

The Main Mersey Super is a room sealed instantaneous water heater

So we're not talking about an old Ascot here.

You can assume surveyors know nothing about gas appliances.

The only person who can tell you whether it's safe or dangerous is a Gas Safe registered engineer.[/u]

Its surprising just how few times I get called by prospective purchasors to survey the heating and plumbing.

More useful I would have thought than a surveyor who ( usually ) knows nothing about heating.

Tony

If it had been deemed unsafe by someone who knows ie r.g.i,they would of capped off the gas supply to it.what supplies the central heating?

If it had been deemed unsafe by someone who knows ie r.g.i,they would of capped off the gas supply to it.what supplies the central heating?

There is no central heating.

I plan to get a full system installed when I move in.

Thats ok then ,i was worried that someone maybe getting you to spend money that you didnot need to.

Thats ok then ,i was worried that someone maybe getting you to spend money that you didnot need to.

Hehe, cheers,

Yeah I am hoping to get this replaced with a combi, as house only has one bathroom and only me living there, so didnt see the need to look at anything else.

Few weeks I will have the keys, and then got to get someone in to do the work.

main medways are good water heater
get it serviced and find out whats wrong with it
also what does a the guy looked at house know about gas apliances

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back