Gazebo/Pergoda

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All
I am thinking about removing a dilapidated shed in my garden (I already have another). When i remove this i will be left with the concrete base. Not too sure what condition it is in but i was wondering about putting a gazebo or pergoda in its place. I would probably have a bash at doing it my self but have a few questions re fixing the 4 posts into the concrete.
The only way that i can see this happening is but getting those bolt down fence post things and securing with rawlbolts. I am sure that i can secure these but I have doubts about how high they are good for. The seem to be only about 6-8 inches high and the posts are likely to be a good but higher than a fence post. Probably about 2 meters, will these things secure something of that height?

Sponsored Links
do you mean pergola or pagoda?

your structure should be strong enough to be self supporting and any fastenings to the concrete base are only there to stop it from moving.

people do have 2metre high fences but its up to do whether youd trust your own work to climb one of the posts.

the length of the bolts that go into the ground will provide most of the strength needed to resist loading from wind, kids and burglars : )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back