Gen4 Accenta - Installation / Setup Problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I've installed a Gen4 Accenta mini with remote LCD keypad. There are two PIR's and an alarm box.

Unfortunately although i'm fairly sure i have wired the componetns to the main board correctly according to the wiring diagram, the alarm system is not working.

Currently there is power to both sensors and the keypad, but the alarm box doesn't appear to be working. The backup battery is installed.

The keypad generates a 'tamper fault lockout' and when i go to the log on the keypad it reads 'loop tamper'. I've tried the walk through test and this appears to work setting the PIR's.

I do not believe that the wiring is damaged, and think this is more likely to be a fault with incorrect wiring?

I did previously read a post that advised to reverse the cables from the alram box to the control panel, 'Green' (connected to A) and 'Black' (connected to B), this did allow the alarm box to sound outside, but the tamper fault remained, i have reverted the wiring back to how it was originally now.

I have attached various photos of the installation and wiring diagrams.

I am really stuck with this and not sure what to do next, if anyone can help advise that would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Matt :)
P1050328.JPG P1050329.JPG P1050333.JPG P1050335.JPG P1050336.JPG P1050340.JPG P1050341.JPG P1050342.JPG

Sponsored Links
The tamper is wired wrong for a start , remove the two wires in the tamper and fit a shorting link, fit the panel lid , press reset , does it clear ?

Hi sparkymarky,

Thanks for the advice, what is a shorting link? I'll try and get this part early next week and try it.

Kind regards,

Matt

Sponsored Links
Hi sparkymarky,

Thanks for the advice, what is a shorting link? I'll try and get this part early next week and try it.

Kind regards,

Matt

It's a link of wire to replace the wires you have in the tamper loop at the panel connections - to prove the tamper loop at the panel is working and the problem is with the wires you are connecting as the tamper loop.

Not got a meter to test items before connecting to the panel, I thought not.

By the way, there should only be two wires in the tamper or any loop, NOT 4.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back