General Election

• Thread starter david and julie
  • Start date
I am falling on the side of compulsory voting ... Why not ? Get the gaunlet down and a real view of the majority feeling !!
:D

Sponsored Links
pipme said:
I am falling on the side of compulsory voting ... Why not ? Get the gaunlet down and a real view of the majority feeling !!
you may not like what you see then ;)

bobski said:
if i had my way it would be against the law to not vote.and it should also be against the law to not vote labour.how many were crucified by that excuse of a human being they called thatcher.with all there problems,they are still the party of the working class,you can't please everyone.look at the bigger picture.

What if you're not working class? :LOL:

I'm hardly going to vote for a party that will benefit others at greater expense to myself. No matter how much they protest otherwise, NO-ONE votes selflessy :LOL: I will do quite nicely if the Tories get in tomorrow, so Bobski, please vote Tory, it's the party of the middle classes. :LOL:

Oh, and for the record, I'm pretty sure Thatcher never actually crucified anyone. However, the Romans were fond of crucifixtion, and "Tony" is an Italian name. S'all I'm saying... :eek:

Did I just hear on the local results that in the mayoral election somewhere they got 10,000 spoilt papers. The winner has promised to hold a referendum on whether the post should be abolished.

Thats what you get if you force people to vote.

Sponsored Links
kendor said:
pipme said:
you may not like what you see then ;)

You may be very surprised actually. ;)

I think compulsion would be good to try, let's at least do something ! or we may end up forming HMG with 20% of electorate...
Whoever wins with full voting has a real mandate from the people ... I think many people are put off not so much by the 'meddling' with boundaries but with parties attaining power on less actual votes than another. Neither Labour (who promised reform) or the Tories want to change the system .. maybe they all realise that they could disappear in their current form under a PR system ?
That's the sort of thing to take on in your third and stated final term -- go out with a bang sh it or bust .. Could be good for Tone cure his constipation or be a t it !!

If you have compulsory voting then you must also have a compulsory option to vote for 'none of the above'. If 'none' wins then the election is void and must be re-run.

Back