General Election

• Thread starter david and julie
  • Start date
no just competant at something would be nice!

i wonder has a standing pm ever lost his seat in an election and his party won?

Sponsored Links
The arguments about Tories seem to be;
Their stuck in the past, and
Look at how much mess they caused last time.

But.
Labour have changed - became new labour.
Why don't people thing the Tories could? - its a weak assumption that they won't.

The Tories did a massive amount of good... what was Britain like in 1979? -- pretty dire.

When a local off-license was ram-raided and I was the first on scene keeping p1ssed people out of the shop and off the tabs.., I rang the old bill. They agreed it was massively urgent.., but the nearest car, at high speed took 45 minutes. Fair play.. because thanks to Tony, my local station is 40 miles away! and I live just outside London, not in the sticks.

My wife is going to have a baby in two months.. - my nearest hospital... you guessed it.. 45 minutes. Tony is shutting down the local baby unit. Howard and Charles say they'll keep it.

And everytime I hear "45 minutes" I remember the other lie based upon 45 minutes - IRAQ!

So b*&^*% to it.
My vote goes to Tory.
They may not quite be ready for it, and their not the best.., but I'm voting for what matters to me;
More Policing
Nearer Hospitals
Our own decisions from the States
Less council tax
and a new PM.

Thermo said:
D & J im saving unveiling the new ring for the fallout after the result.

Another reason not to vote for blair....he nicked one of our national emblems for his party, give the country back its red rose you red rose stealing grinning inane useless stealth taxing, moral high ground taking, lying, fat basterd northern git 2 jag driving employing, dr kelly sticthing up and topping, wmd lying, brown nosing bush, community charge hiking up, history wrecking, lying, ugly wife marrying, drunken children, rubbish guitar playing, lying, been in nr 10 far too long, scottish tax hiking up git employing, waste of space! :D

Pardon ? :D
BTW Labour has redefined the hour to be 45 minutes... for MP's and new customers only !! ;)

How different would it be if there wasn't a front man for the party. You just voted for the party and what they stand for rather than the 'personalities' that front them. Can't help but think far too many people vote for the person, not the politics.

Sponsored Links
Well I'm a labour voter, the reason is simple, labour are the good guys and the tories are bad the tories are the nastiest lot of bgugres ever and I can't understand why you tory voters can't see it but I know some of you, and I'm not for badmouthing you for giving them your vote. New Labour havnt turned out the way I would have liked, I would like a different leader but I believe that they are the lessor of two evils and I personally I am better off than I was under the Tories so that's all we can go by really, their all lying bsatrads and we on this forum site are better than any of them, if your man gets in he will let you down you know this is true. best of luck ;)

Richardp said:
I personally I am better off than I was under the Tories
I can't see how, specially when everything gone up and being taxes to death. I can't get NHS dentist in my area and I'm still paying private treatments as the NHS hospital waiting is far too long, so if everybody come out of the private hospital, can you imagine the waiting lists on the NHS? The reason for some of the waiting lists is going down because more and more people are paying private. I didn't have this problem when the Tories was in power. The richer are getting richer and the poorer are getting poorer. According to the financial experts Brown has got the sum wrong and we are heading for a black hole because of their tax & spend policies is unworkable. I maybe wrong but I can see a lot of damage in the 3rd term. All you ever hear from the Tories is tax cut because of Labour high spending policies. It is not going to get any better because Blair want to hand us over to the EU. I hate them all but I think Tony Blair should step down. The reason Tony & Gordan don't get on because he want the EU and Gordan doesn't.

say what you like about michael howard, at least he has had the balls to admit his mistakes and say and i quote "im sorry for the poll tax and the problems it caused, it was a mistake" Now have you ever heard an apology from blair....no

masona said:
Richardp said:
I personally I am better off than I was under the Tories
I can't see how, specially when everything gone up and being taxes to death. .

well, that is your experience and so you should vote accordingly but do you honestly think that the other gang will serve you any better? I used to be poor and now I'm rich, I'm happy to pay more tax towards the poorer people, I wish that we was all rich but as we are not I will be happy to pay some of my wealth towards the general wealth of the country which I feel privilege to be part of . thank god I wasnt born into a third world country I know I'll get fed tonight and most people on this planet wont, most people dont even have a waiting list to go on. :D

Thermo said:
say what you like about michael howard, at least he has had the balls to admit his mistakes and say and i quote "im sorry for the poll tax and the problems it caused, it was a mistake" Now have you ever heard an apology from blair....no
yes, well he,s a politician isn't he, he tells you want you wont to hear, was he using his most sincere voice at the time?, by all means support them but hell! don't be taken in by what they say. :D

If you are right richard and politicians do tell you what they think you want to hear, why won't Tony apologise for blatant and unwarranted aggression?

We should all set aside are normal allegiances and vote lib dem, they have promissed a full inquiry into the Iraq murders, lets get the warmongering b******s behind bars where they belong richard.

the point i was making was the words stuck in his mouth and he couldnt even say sorry we got it wrong when he was proved wrong about wmd. It takes a strong person to say sorry, even if its a political statement. Blair seems incapable of it, even when hes wrong and all the evidence is wrong and admitted to be wrong by the government. Still cant say sorry though.

Thermo said:
the point i was making was the words stuck in his mouth and he couldnt even say sorry we got it wrong when he was proved wrong about wmd. It takes a strong person to say sorry, even if its a political statement. Blair seems incapable of it, even when hes wrong and all the evidence is wrong and admitted to be wrong by the government. Still cant say sorry though.

what's the point in saying sorry if you don't mean it???
Dave, I've already said that I'm disappointed with the leader of the labour party, how he slipped through the net I don't know, he really should be in the Tory party and as for voting for the lib dems you know that that would be a vote for the tories which is probably why you said it. :D

as for voting for the lib dems you know that that would be a vote for the tories which is probably why you said it.
Can't see how you arrive at this at all Richard, I can only remember the Lib/Lab pact. I said vote for the LD's to find out the truth behind the Iraq fiasco, they are the only party who were against it and have promised a full independant inquiry. If that puts the instigators behind bars, where they belong, then surely that is good?
I used to be poor and now I'm rich, I'm happy to pay more tax towards the poorer people, I wish that we was all rich but as we are not I will be happy to pay some of my wealth towards the general wealth of the country
Do you not think there is something wrong when someone who says he is rich, is better off under a lab gov?, is it right that the gap between rich and poor is widening faster under Labour than it did under the tories Richard?

Ha! when I say rich i,m only comparing my income now compared to when the tories where in power, to me I'm rich but in reality I'm probably average which is nice, I don't believe that the rich are richer at the expense of the poor, if I believed that I would not vote labour. :D

Richardp said:
I used to be poor and now I'm rich,
What about the poor people that making you richer? So sod them I'm all right jack because I'm now richer, well that make you a worse than the Tories doesn't it? Labour is a far right Tories!!!!!! And wasn't it you that said that if the rich people are getting richer ( and I show you the link to prove it that richer are getting richer and poorer are getting poorer) then I will not be voting Labour. You and Blair are no difference.

Sponsored Links
Back