General Tool belt questions (newbie)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
*Hey, im new on this forum so dont get mad if i say something stupid or whatever*
So, im new to building/engineering works so i need some advice regarding tool belts and such ****.
1: do padded tool-belts+suspenders actually hold your trousers up as it doesnt look like it i don't know and none of the amazon results actually say...Am i missing something or is it obvious?

2: what's a good starting belt/holster/whatever as i need a good way of keeping a couple tools on me. Heard mixed things about "Toughbuilt" but others such as "Makita" are a lot more expensive

3: best way to protect phone on trousers or belt. can't seem to find any armoured pockets or something. just a phone pouch with something to protect it from impacts and dirt and such(leaving it isnt an option as i am expecting important calls regularly).

Any other advice of any kind is appreciated.

Thanks for the help and please dont get mad if i ask/say something thats either completely obvious or doesnt make any sense

Sponsored Links
They don't hold trousers up
I can't wear one without breaking into YMCA.
Buy a decent phone shield like an otter box

For the phone, look for a MOLLE phone holder. (army webbing/camo type pouches)
Like this
It must have 2 belt straps and they must go under horizontal straps.

I have worn these for the past 4 years+, replaced them each year as the velcro eventually wears out but am always able to find my phone and they protect it well.

For the tool belt I just use a Workzone (Aldi/Lidl) one and its lasted 6 months already, I kept it cheap because thee belt tends to get caught on those sticky out things that are everywhere
and can be ripped be it cheap or expensive.
If it is attached to your trousers then they will fall down :)

Big braces would be nice - may invest in them sometime.

For the phone, look for a MOLLE phone holder. (army webbing/camo type pouches)
Like this
It must have 2 belt straps and they must go under horizontal straps.

I have worn these for the past 4 years+, replaced them each year as the velcro eventually wears out but am always able to find my phone and they protect it well.

For the tool belt I just use a Workzone (Aldi/Lidl) one and its lasted 6 months already, I kept it cheap because thee belt tends to get caught on those sticky out things that are everywhere
and can be ripped be it cheap or expensive.
If it is attached to your trousers then they will fall down :)

Big braces would be nice - may invest in them sometime.

Yeah, i know molle as i play airsoft but its the actual protection that im after. i cant find one that is that much better than a pocket. i'll give it a try,though.

Sponsored Links
well, you have the protection of that thick material - its protected mine for years.
get a hard shell for your phone with glass protection on and a case that it all fits into.

However, if you find anything better please let us know as I'd be interested too.

I generally walk around looking as if I'm wearing a batbelt :)

Back