Genius of the morning

I'm gunna start wearing hazard lights around my ass in the bedroom if I ever find a woman who'll have me... :D

Don't need hazards round my arse! I've got a bright red boil there...... :oops:

Sorry, TMI... :eek:

Sponsored Links
What I will say, however, where I lived in California it was built up around the car, for better or worse, so it was easier than here IMHO. I never once had a problem parking and never once had to pay to park.

I get the impression that most of our local councils don't like cars very much. They'd prefer us to use buses, bicycles or walk so, to deter motorists, they paint yellow lines everywhere or charge through the nose for the limited parking spaces that are available.

Having said that, my local town centre is very good. Parking costs 20p for two hours and there are usually adequate spaces. You still get the selfish bu**ers parking on yellow lines, though, ever since the council decided not to bother with parking wardens.

Sponsored Links
What I will say, however, where I lived in California it was built up around the car, for better or worse, so it was easier than here IMHO. I never once had a problem parking and never once had to pay to park.

I get the impression that most of our local councils don't like cars very much. They'd prefer us to use buses, bicycles or walk so, to deter motorists, they paint yellow lines everywhere or charge through the nose for the limited parking spaces that are available.

Having said that, my local town centre is very good. Parking costs 20p for two hours and there are usually adequate spaces. You still get the selfish bu**ers parking on yellow lines, though, ever since the council decided not to bother with parking wardens.

It's not cars they don't like. They love their own cars. It's us having cars that they don't really like. I never quite worked out how they reckon on charging businesses in the towns exorbitant business rates, and then charging the customers to park in town in order to buy from those businesses. No wonder everyone goes to the supermarkets where there is free parking.
Mind you I often wonder about any decisions made by any form of government. They always seem to manage to ignore any form of logic, and end up with solutions which suit no-one.

Parking down here is not too bad out of season, but can be a nightmare during the Summer hols.

I've noticed, in my dotage, that many drivers use hazard lights as some kind of impunity for safe stopping/parking.

"It's ok! Yes I know I'm on the brow of a hill on a bend in the fog just dropping me gran off but hey - hazard lights on trumps anything don't you know"

I'm gunna start wearing hazard lights around my ass in the bedroom if I ever find a woman who'll have me... :D

Thing is mate, what they want to do trumps anything which anyone else might be doing. It's selfishness. Hazard lights on or not!

The ones that really nark me are the ones who are parked somewhere with a vehicle behind them, so you can only see the outside flasher going, "Now is this twonk going to pull out, or is he parked?"
I might have which beats yours Dave..

Numpties who are parked and/or ready to pull out, who are stationery on the left side of the road facing you when it's dark or twilight. They haven't the brains to realise that because of the cut-off of the dipped beam it's dazzling the oncomming driver as if they were on main beam!

Selfish, ignorant morons...

Ive been informed that it is illegal to park on the "wrong side of the road" in Ausiland..

I'm okay with drivers being on the 'wrong side' facing me Pred, I do it myself (when it's light and safe to do so). Just don't ****1n do it with your dipped headlights facing me, on the left in GB, when it's dark ffs. :mad:

I nearly came a cropper on my bike, I was overtaking a car (Sunday driver type) when he pulled across the road to park, no indicator naturally, and it was my fault for being impatient with his incompetent driving, I'm not perfect when it comes to driving, I do have faults but I do know what they are..:cool: :cool:

I nearly came a cropper on my bike, I was overtaking a car (Sunday driver type) when he pulled across the road to park, no indicator naturally, and it was my fault for being impatient with his incompetent driving, I'm not perfect when it comes to driving, I do have faults but I do know what they are..:cool: :cool:

Luckily we live in a country wheree most drivers are 'above average' :D

That's impossible! only about 49.999% roughly can be above average and about 49.999% below average. If you think about it, average is the half way mark, so one guy is average which makes just under half the guys above average and just under half the sheilas below average, name and address withheld for obvious reasons.. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

That's impossible! only about 49.999% roughly can be above average and about 49.999% below average. If you think about it, average is the half way mark, so one guy is average which makes just under half the guys above average and just under half the sheilas below average, name and address withheld for obvious reasons.. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Pred - leaving aside the different 'averages' , I was referring to the fact that drivers, when surveyed, invariably rate themselves as 'above average' - which as you say is not really possible

It's not cars they don't like. They love their own cars. It's us having cars that they don't really like. I never quite worked out how they reckon on charging businesses in the towns exorbitant business rates, and then charging the customers to park in town in order to buy from those businesses. No wonder everyone goes to the supermarkets where there is free parking.

Yes. Then they wonder why many town centres are becoming like ghost towns. Then when shops shut down it dawns on them that they're not profiting from as much council tax from businesses or car parking charges.

Yes. Then they wonder why many town centres are becoming like ghost towns. Then when shops shut down it dawns on them that they're not profiting from as much council tax from businesses or car parking charges.

You mean something like this? http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/New-pl...Bristol-s-St/story-18222739-detail/story.html

When air-brained mayors and car-hating councils have driven companies out of the cities into out-of-town office/warehousing complexes, the knock-on of the empty offices will be no customers for the shops. They too will close, leaving a ghost town. Income from business rates will go through the floor, and the council will be in dire trouble. The poor residents unfortunate enough to live in those areas will see their council tax spiral, as the council will not, as "good left-wingers" cut staffing or services, or re-evaluate their local plans! I have the misfortune to work in the centre of Bristol, and the six mile journey by bus can take over an hour! By car, before the main rush, it takes over 20 minutes, at peak times nearly one hour! Why do I bother? Never mind, the lease is up for renewal next year. The company might move out-of-town!

Sponsored Links
Back