Getting Anglia tiles to sit right

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Sorry another basic question, but I'm starting to work out the tile layout on my extension roof and getting the odd place where the interlock isn't that great, what I'm not sure is whether this will actually leak or not as I don't know what the acceptable tolerance is, I've tried to take a photo which hopefully shows what I mean, this is mainly where the old roof joins the new as in places there is a slight kick to the battens which I've tried to iron out as much as possible. Any advice welcome as always

Attachments

• IMG_20170925_125917.jpg
    IMG_20170925_125917.jpg
    360.2 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_20170925_125926.jpg
    IMG_20170925_125926.jpg
    303.8 KB · Views: 135
Sponsored Links
I gave them a bit of a knock around and it's looking better now, hopefully the above is now ok, not a fan of these tiles :D

Attachments

• IMG_20170925_144942.jpg
    IMG_20170925_144942.jpg
    387 KB · Views: 133
They look okay to me - or at least I can't see the problem area. Marley say that you have 3mm of 'shunt' adjustment to play with, so it's not a problem for it to be bang-on in that plane.

Sponsored Links
Yeah, this is more kicking up though. I tipped a bucket of water (ie literally tipped it quickly) over one of the joins, and I got a few drops onto the underlay. So I'm not really sure if that was a fair test but I've shunted them around a bit to try and close the gaps more
Just looking at these tiles, the side overlap is so small I cant believe they don't p*ss water through whenever you get a downpour!
I also cleaned the moss out of the interlock channels where I could get to them which hopefully helped.

the new ones anglia plus are not quite the same size.
As you seemed to have worked out , dont mix the new ones into the older ones.
straight lines up and down only

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back