Getting gas man to connect gas hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm going to be fitting a new kitchen over the next few weeks, and need a CORGI man to connect the new gas hob up. We currently have an electric cooker, so a hole will have to be drilled through the wall and a pipe connected to the gas pipe outside.

What stage would people recommend getting the gas man in to do the job? Should i fit all the units WITHOUT worktops first, with the gas hob in place - then call him?

Or call him before i rip the existing kitchen out? I guess this wasy would mean 2 visits though, one to drill hole + lay pipe in, 2nd visit to connect the gas hob up when i have it in place.

Cheers!

bengee

Sponsored Links
I usually do 2 visits,first one to disconnect any old hob and get a general idea of the job and 2nd to complete the work.
I always prefer to be called in as soon as possible,just in case.I also prefer to unpack and set the appliance in place if possible,that way I know that everything is there and hasn`t been lost by a well meaning customer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back