Getting new windows signed off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
We've had windows installed. Some replaced the old windows; others were put into new window apertures.
What do we need to do regards getting them signed off? The building inspector needs to sign off the building works, so will he sign off the windows too? The installer is FENSA registered, so does he sign them off, or does he need to register the windows?
I just need some clarification on how this works and whether to get the installer back to do anything before I pay the balance.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
If you are having an extension done incl refurbishment under building regs, then the windows should be included in that.

If you had windows done separately and say others replaced elsewhere in the house, then you need a Fensa or certas cert.

Your window installer could register your project anyway and give you a certificate

If I got the installer to issue a FENSA certificate would you expect an additional cost for that?

Sponsored Links
I would have thought they would have included it in the quote for the replacement windows.
Fensa does not apply to new openings so they will need building control sign off.

Might be less hassle in the future to have them all signed off by building control then its all on one lot of paperwork.
When you have lots of certificates building up they tend to get lost and cause problems when selling.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back