Self build extension - FENSA requirement?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Building an extension which will have a couple of UPVc french doors, some windows and flat roof lights. I will be buying these from manufacturers and installing myself. Obviously BC are overseeing all required parts of the build, but do I need a FENSA cert or will BC sign off when they see they are installed correctly?

Sponsored Links
BC will sign off if the installation is part of the building control application.

BC will sign it off.
Dont rule out local double glazing company's for supply only or even supply and fit. Unless you already have discounts set up with a factory it may not be much more to get it surveyed, installed and fitted.
Puts all the risk on the window company (mismeasuring,specification etc) and in theory they will already know and use a good quality product and factory.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back