Getting paid by electronic transfer

I've got a bill I need to pay but they don't take bank transfers and they don't take cards over the phone. I've tried to pay it that way but they only take cheques. So finding a cheque book took a week, then I need to get an envelope, find a stamp, go to post box. All simple stuff, but no longer a usual pasttime, so it does mean I haven't got round to paying it for weeks now.

Builders who want cash are also a logistical nightmare as it means constant trips to cashpoints. Got a bleeding letter off my bank recently because I was taking out so much cash, but I ignored it, and they went away.

When they want a bank transfer payment they get paid the day the money is due and it's just so much simpler.

Sponsored Links
Builders who want cash are also a logistical nightmare as it means constant trips to cashpoints.

Go into your bank, speak to a human being behind the counter (they still have these, for now), and tell them how much you want. :idea:

You don't need to take a sawn-off and have a Jag outside with the engine running. Just a cheque made payable to 'cash' for the amount you want.

This will mean that you need a cheque book though. This may be the flaw that ruins the whole plan. :LOL:

I have forgotten how do to that ! Haven't done that since they made a mark in the back of your cheque book to stop you doing it twice in one day.

Will they give you five grand ?

I have forgotten how do to that ! Haven't done that since they made a mark in the back of your cheque book to stop you doing it twice in one day.

Will they give you five grand ?

Yes, they will. For largeish amounts, probably best to ring and give a few days notice if poss. Shouldn't be too much of a problem though, even without notice. Giving notice also raises the chances of getting it in sensible denominations - not a bag full of fivers.

Sponsored Links
Builders who want cash are also a logistical nightmare as it means constant trips to cashpoints

Why on earth woold they want cash? They just have to make a trip to the bank themselves ;)

Builders who want cash are also a logistical nightmare as it means constant trips to cashpoints

Why on earth woold they want cash? They just have to make a trip to the bank themselves ;)

Seems a complete waste of time, doesn't it. ;)

Some years ago, a builder friend did a job for cash. After completion, the customer was handing over the readies, when he casually dropped into the conversation that his wife was a VAT inspector.

When my mate's jacksy had stopped quivering, next stop was the bank to pay it all in. :LOL:

Back