Getting rid of smeary windscreen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all

Hoping someone will be able to help. My hubby (despite being told not to :rolleyes: ) used Wash and Wax on the windscreen of our car. Cue a very smeary windscreen. He then used domestic glass cleaner to try and get rid of it! So that just made things worse.

I've used some auto-glym glass polish cream on it, which has helped lots, but when I'm using the wipers it seems to 'fog' on the outside.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can stop this 'fogging' please?

Many thanks :D

Sponsored Links
The cleaner you used should not harm the glass as long as it's not abrasive.Try cleaning the wiper blades with methylated spirit and the windscreen with glass cleaner again( not polish).If that doesn't work,change the blades.

;)

Sponsored Links
Using Kitchen roll paper ... several squirts of washing up liquid spaced out over windscreen, fair amount of 'elbow grease', include edges of wiper blades.
Swill off all soapy residue, polish/dry with newspaper (non-greasey ;) ).
:D

empip said:
Using Kitchen roll paper ... several squirts of washing up liquid spaced out over windscreen, fair amount of 'elbow grease', include edges of wiper blades.

Doesn't washing-up liquid make it go smearier? Forgive my ignorance! :oops:

T-cut will get most of the crud off, then just use some windowlene or something to finish it off.

mimbellina said:
empip said:

Doesn't washing-up liquid make it go smearier? Forgive my ignorance! :oops:

Our stuff has always been ok ... No good in 'washer' tank, but ok as glass cleaner... get to it and have a go !!

This T-Cut the Glass polisher .. ;)
11189.jpg

Not picking up discharge from a stack / exhaust / chimney in the parking spot - home or work are we?

:D :D

No, I don't think we are... I live out in the sticks, but don't park the car under trees, or anything that would leave a gacky residue on the windscreen...

I think it's just the wax from my idiot husband's wash 'n' waxing the darned windsreen causing the smearing :rolleyes:

I'll give the washing up liquid idea a try, thanks for the tip xx

Sponsored Links
Back