Ghostly Marks!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi

i have had 2 rooms plastered by 2 seperate plaster's (timing reasons) and i have now tried painting these 2 rooms - 1 problem. i am seeing these marks (see photo's) around the window on both plastered rooms when i try painting the plaster. does anyone have any ideas what this is and how to get rid of it???

Sponsored Links
Did he use PVA in there?

Hard to tell in pic - can you scrape a bit of it off ie is it on the surface of the plaster.

Are they floating beads or thin coat angle beads?

there is nothing on the surface of the plaster, i cleaned it with a damp cloth before i painted.

Sponsored Links
floating beads or thin coat angle beads - what is the difference??

all i know is the plasterer used a 90 degree metal piece to make the straight edge. does this help?

not 100 percent sure from the limited resorces available but it looks to me like they were float and set beads i.e render and they were dabed on i.e stuck on

so how do i get rid of these marks when they are showing through the paint?

is there something i need to put on before the paint??

hiya watson!

you could try painting some oil based paint over the marks this will act as a barrer. then just paint as normal

Try brushing on thinly, a little "oil based" undercoat, to seal it in. Brush it onto 2 or 3 of the higher, out of the way marks first, (just to see if it works),,, let it dry, then try your emulsion. You'll need to mist coat the new plaster anyway. I'm"sure" the undercoat will work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back