Give - Worcester Bosch Greenstar 30cdi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi everyone - please help!
I've just purchased a hive active heating thermostat system. I'm trying to wire it into my Worcester Bosch Greenstar 30cdi but am very confused!
Can anyone provide some instructions or even a picture of how I wire this into the hub unit? I've taken the boiler apart and was supris d to see so many wires etc which don't immediately relate to the installation instructions... I'm a bit of a novice (although sensible) so basic instructions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance and happy Christmas!

Sponsored Links
IMG_5353.JPG
IMG_5356.JPG
IMG_5354.JPG

Boiler L to Hive L
Boiler N to Hive N
Boiler Ls to Hive 1
Boiler LR to Hive Heating On

Thank you so much!
Could I also ask if I just disconnect the 8 pin plug connecting the existing Worcester thermostat?
Lastly, do I just use standard 3 core plus earth to connect boiler to the hive receiver unit?
Once again many thanks

Sponsored Links
Make sure you fit that cover back on the boiler securely and its in the groves as those boiler covers can be a bit fiddly. I did the same boiler a little while ago but with the Evohome system. Also don't tell anyone that you fitted the relay, because if its the same boiler as I think... removing that cover means you gained access to the combustion chamber which is illegal if your not gas safe registered (I believe).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back