Giving a wooden floor the best chance against rot?

Sponsored Links
We've all been telling you ways of getting rid of the moisture, if you fix through those means, what moisture is there for it to soak up? = none.
And i have told you why we can't go down the route of the ways suggested.

If someone can't afford a method then simply repeating it doesn't help any. We have had people look into this. As is mentioned online time & time again - better to see in person than just discuss on the internet for a more accurate assessment. On the back of this we've been advised to just manage it.

So the moisture will unfortunately remain.

This isn't being pig headed as you seem to suggest. Although if you'd kindly like to donate the £thousands required then i'd be happy to follow those methods.

Is this thread a wind up? :confused:
Are YOU a wind up?

I asked you a question earlier, you chose to ignore it.

I asked it again, you ignored it again & again posted an unhelpful response like your last one.

If you don't want to answer then that is fine, I have no problem with that, but if that's the case then isn't not posting at all just better?

So i ask - why don't you want to answer the question i asked you?

And i have told you why we can't go down the route of the ways suggested.

I don't particularly care.

I try to give good advice, as do others, not my problem if you cant follow it. The moisture problem is solvable, cheap, easy, DIY.

If someone can't afford a method then simply repeating it doesn't help any.

This is a DIY forum, geddit? Do it yourself, you cant cry you cant afford to do it when you say "ill talk to the people doing it" and talk about buying a woodburner, total rot (seewhatididthere).

Is this thread a wind up? :confused:

Probably, or the guys just someone who's wife I feel sorry for.

I don't particularly care, I always take the attitude that someone else may still be helped when they google and find a thread like this full of good info, plus a good laugh.

Sponsored Links
Since you'll probably respond while i'm at work, i'll just edit what i said out.

As my threads/questions irritate you for some reason & i find your responses unnecessary & unhelpful, i think it's probably best you just don't bother replying to my thread if it irritates you so much. If that is too much then the only other way to solve it is i just don't respond to your posts. Yes i know this is a response, but it's only to address the situation that you only seem to be here to ridicule (which is what i find unnecessary).

Anyway, that is all.

i find your responses unnecessary & unhelpful

You can fix a problem properly, yourself, cheap, DIY, or you can whine like a little child about how unhelpful people are being and how you can't afford to pay other people to do all the things that need doing properly.

:LOL:

You forgot the 3rd option-

I can listen to the people who I have paid to come out & assess the situation in person (& therefore have a better idea than anyone online who's just read about it & not seen it) & have given their cause & solution & considering these people do this for a living...(& for the record, a 'fix' is far from cheap, but cheapness is dependant on things. I guess you're just rich).

I think I'll take that option.

As for the reason I actually made this thread (in case you've forgotten it wàs about replacing the floor) then I'll follow the advice that was given in this thread, provided by people who didn't take an unnecessary attitude. Again - grateful for the advice from these people.

Thanks.

I guess you're just rich).

No mate, you are paying experts to come and "inspect" and workmen to do the work, then trying to cry poverty on a DIY forum, LOL.

As for the reason I actually made this thread (in case you've forgotten it wàs about replacing the floor)

The reason you created the thread was to ask about how to replace a floor that had decayed, without fixing the cause of that decay, everyone told you to fix it properly, you keep asking thick questions and wanting to pay others to do a half assed job.

Good luck, and thanks for keeping the experts in employment :cool:

No mate, you are paying experts to come and "inspect" and workmen to do the work, then trying to cry poverty on a DIY forum, LOL.
You seem like an intelligent guy & because of that I can only conclude you're just being bloody awkward.

There's only 2 possibilities why on that quote there you don't seem to geddit (seewhatididthere) - 1 is that you're dumb, which I don't believe as like I said, I think you're an intelligent guy, so the other is that you're just plain old awkward.

Not sure what you gain out of it unless that's your enjoyment.

The reason you created the thread was to ask about how to replace a floor that had decayed, without fixing the cause of that decay, everyone told you to fix it properly, you keep asking thick questions and wanting to pay others to do a half assed job.

Good luck, and thanks for keeping the experts in employment :cool:
So what you're saying is you ignored the question & answered one that wasn't even asked.
... & I'm the thick one??!

Right ok then. Pay attention to the question in future please. You may be infinitely more knowledgable than me when it comes to this stuff but at least i'd know to answer the question that was asked.

post back up once youve had your wallet lightened.
and let us know exactly what they have done/suggested to you.
that way if there is an answer that hasnt been covered then for the future this thread may help others.

post back up once youve had your wallet lightened.
and let us know exactly what they have done/suggested to you.
that way if there is an answer that hasnt been covered then for the future this thread may help others.

Will do.

Someone put it to me yesterday - the possibility of PLASTIC joists.

I thought it a wind up at first but had a look at their link & it at least made me curious.

I suppose possibilities are endless when people get creative.

you could always go down the i beam route,then plant some timber on top for the floor boards.
you wont ever need to worry about rot again just 'RUST'.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back