Giving evidence law must change.

Sponsored Links
The problem is that a proper justice system requires those giving evidence in trials to be questioned and challenged in open court.

Some witnesses are allowed to give evidence behind screens.
Sticking his name and picture in the paper isn't the smartest move

Sponsored Links
A long time ago after a night club I pulled a fella off a copper. Before he run off he gave the copper a parting kick in the head.
The cop was unconscious. When somone took care of him I went and found the culprit and made a citizen arrest. Handed him over.

I later found out he was the brother of a local hard nut. For this reason I did not want to give evidance.
I was told that I could go to jail if I refused.

In the end he got prosecuted, without me having to go to court..

I refused to accept bravery award.

I suppose it helps to explain why we all try to avoid getting involved in others peoples troubles.

In China, Thailand and I think India, people tend to just walk by serious road accidents, leaving the dying and injured to their fate. I believe its something to do with concern about getting involved with police or compensation from relatives.

I suppose it helps to explain why we all try to avoid getting involved in others peoples troubles.

In China, Thailand and I think India, people tend to just walk by serious road accidents, leaving the dying and injured to their fate. I believe its something to do with concern about getting involved with police or compensation from relatives.

Not the same,
In the Australian outback if you run over someone, the advice was don't get out and report once you get to a town or station.

Not the same,
In the Australian outback if you run over someone, the advice was don't get out and report once you get to a town or station.
joe90 used to say the same thing...

Not the same,

I thought the law in Australia was it was your legal duty to assist. (unlike the UK) ??

I thought the law in Australia was it was your legal duty to assist. (unlike the UK) ??

It's very much the way it is. I did this myself. But from town to town, you would fill and stock up. The advise would be more verble.

Criminals would deliberately get run over or just be laying in the road.
I suppose you would need to judge for yourself. If in doubt drive on

You can always refuse, stating fear of reprisals or implicating yourself of wrongdoing.

Sponsored Links
Back