Glass Bottle Infilled Feature Wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, anyone could advise me any simple construction method of 125mm thk glass bottles infilled feature wall @ outdoor
or anyone have come across the similar feature wall ...

Length : 70 m
Height : 3.978 m

It have been cracking my head for the past few month...... :confused: :confused:

Sponsored Links
A 4 metre high wall that's only 125mm thick. That's going to make a mess when it's blown over by the wind! :eek:

Is this a wind-up?

I calculate somewhere in the region of 50,000 bottles! :eek: , cut down to 125mm long. :eek: (70 x 4 / [π .04²], assuming the diameter of a bottle to be about 80mm )

If you're serious, you need to think about building a structure that is stable and sound then use the bottles as decorative features with liitle or no structural integrity.

Thanks to Redherring2 , actually the spec was using hot-dipped gi steel fixed structure as u mentioned. 4"x3" gi RHS as framing; 3"x2" gi RHS as vertical stiffeners & 2"x2"gi SHS as horizontal & diagonal bracers, covered with gi brc mesh cage & the gls bottles size 37mm dia x 93mm long with cap ; slog in & stack-up..
I've checked w/bottle supplier @ RM0/28 .
I wonder if there is any more economical method of doing instead of hot-dipped steel structure which cost sky high price..
Concrete base /cement base shall be more economic I think, but totally different feel ...

Anyway ; thanks a lot

[/quote]

Sponsored Links
Keeping the wall stable will be a real challenge, even with some tiny SHS/RHS in a framework.. gonna need some columns at regular centres.. unless you are tying the wall in top and bottom somehow..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back