wall plate for staircase infill

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have infilled a staircase. I attach the picture. I have set 2 joists at 400mm, one end runs to an exisiting perpendicular joist and attached using hangers. The other joist end attaches to a wall plate using hangers. The new blockwork column is 125mm and I used M12 rawl anchor bolts. The wall does not run the length of the wall plate to attached to a joist via a hanger.

Is the method sound and what should the spacings be? I have used round washers as a temp for no square plates.

Any help appreciated

G

Attachments

• floor 2.jpg
    floor 2.jpg
    306.7 KB · Views: 124
  • upload_2017-3-6_14-4-18.png
    upload_2017-3-6_14-4-18.png
    778.9 KB · Views: 123
Sponsored Links
I'd have used resin or sleeve anchors in such a small lightly loaded wall but as long as the blocks didn't crack when you torqued the rawlbolts up it'll be fine. Those 2 bolts should be plenty as well

OP,
As "oldbutnotdead" says its fine, and sound to board over. With respect to "obnd" three bolts are great.
But FWIW get some temporary cover over the floor opening or rail it off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back