Glass tiles behind cooker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Currently having a new kitchen installed and was originally planning a glass splashback behind the cooker (rangemaster). We've had to make some adjustments to where the cooker sites and now I don't think the splashback will look right.

So, as the rest of the walls will be metro glass tiles, I was thinking of having those behind the cooker as well.

So my questions are:

Are the glass metro tiles such as the ones in Topps suitable for installation behind the cooker ?

I have been recommended to use epoxy grout as it won't show the dirt, would the forum agree, and if so, where can I buy the stuff ?

Many thanks

Lee

Sponsored Links
Are the glass metro tiles such as the ones in Topps suitable for installation behind the cooker ?
Heat wise, any tiles will be suitable for use behind a cooker/hob as heat transfer will be relatively low.

I have been recommended to use epoxy grout as it won't show the dirt, would the forum agree,
You can use epoxy but it’s expensive & is more difficult to work with if you’re inexperienced.

I only ever use this BAL Microflex which I used for my own cocker splash back 8 years ago & there is no noticeable discoloration. I do most of the cooking & I use my kitchen quiet seriously but a good extractor fan will make all the difference.

and if so, where can I buy the stuff ?
You should be able to get an epoxy grout at any decent trade tile outlet & even Topps should stock it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back