Glazing gasket sourcing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all :D

I recently noticed some draft coming through our 15 year-old UPVC DG window openers. The hanging seems straight so I'm thinking the seal or gasket between the frame and the opener needs replacing. It's getting sticky and losing its spring, but not brittle.

Looking on-line I can see it is a R4055X and commonly available, so I bought a 99p sample pack to confirm. I was disappointed to find that the sample appeared to be a thinner and floppier rubber that didn't sit quite so snugly in the groove and is visibly inferior.

Are there any reputable suppliers you can recommend for this flipper gasket. Don't want to buy 20 metres of the stuff to find it is worse than the original.

MM

Sponsored Links
Before you go to the hassle of changing your gaskets try cleaning and lubricating your hinges, Make sure to put some grease in the corner tabs too.

I find 6 out of 10 times the windows arnt closing fully due to mucky poorly maintained hinges.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the advice Gazman. They get a regular vacuum but I'll give them a blast with the steamer and a squirt of WD40.

Crank, here is a photo. New on the right, old on left.

WP_20140529_21_31_50_Pro_edited.jpg

MM

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back