GLEDHILL BOILER PUMP RUNNING 24/7!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
CAN ANYONE HELP ME. I DONT KNOW WHAT MODEL BOILERMATE I HAVE BUT HOUSE WAS BUILD IN 1993/94. BOILER PUMP (BLUE LOWER ONE) IS RUNNING ALL THE TIME COSTING ME IN ELEC AND GAS. THE STAT IS ALLWAYS CLOSED WHEN I TESTED IT SO I THOUGHT THIS WAS THE PROBLEM BUT WHEN I TOOK THIS OUT OF THE CIRCUIT PUMP STILL RUNS SO COULD IT BE BOTH STAT AND PCB BOARD WITH TIMER DELAY ON THAT ARE U/S? ALSO NEON INDICATOR DOES NOT WORK. HAS ANYONE HAD ANY SIMILAR PROBLEMS?

Sponsored Links
whats your boiler stat set to?

theres not going to be a lot of help if you can't tell us what model BM it is, its written on the front.

Hi. I have tried turn stat between winter and summer but does not make any difference not does it effect Ohm reading when i put a multimeter on it and turn stat. Reading is allways o.1 Ohms.

Over 1 hour ago i disconnect stat from terminal 7 and just a minute ago boiler pump has cut out for the 1st time in months! But if delay timer is ok is should cut out in 4-6 mins?

My Paper work just says Boilermate, not boilermate II or anything so maybe its the 1st one?

Sponsored Links
the boiler is set on Max. Its the boiler pump that is running all the time, the one that that says primary return to heat generator. Its not the red ratiator pump. just turned power back on and now have buzzing noise from bottom pcb

Do you think it could be the stat and the timer delay causing pump to run 24/7? why did pump take and hour to cut out after i disconected stat?

But why is stat constantly closed? On drawing it shows it being normally open. When temp drops stats closes putting a supply onto delay pcb and thus also bringing in motor for pump.

When stat opens when sufficient temp is reached delay timer should start and pump should cut off within 4-6 mins! So i am led to believe......

If it was up to temp the stat would be open. It should only close when tempature drops, thus energising pcb board and time delay and inturn energising boiler pump. once up to temp stat will open and pump should cut out within 4-6 mins.......

What boiler do you have?

If the boiler has a thermally controlled pump overrun, the boiler stat set at max and the store is hot then the pump will continue to run until it cools sufficiently.

Failing that as previously said change pump board and try that

it says PRIMA B on it!

Like i say according to drawing the timer delay should cut pump out! Its costing me loads on gas and elec as boiler keeps firing up with the pump running all the time!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back