Gliddens contract matt as a top coat?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Fellow DIY'ers

At the weekend, I intend to paint a mist coat on my kitchen ceiling with Gliddens Contract Matt.

I have just purchased some Dulux Endurance to use as the top coats.

What are people's thoughts about using the Gliddens as the top coat? Will it give me a quality finish etc?

Many thanks

Need Help21

Sponsored Links
Fellow DIY'ers

What are people's thoughts about using the Gliddens as the top coat? Will it give me a quality finish etc?

Need Help21

Gliddens contract is excellent paint as a miscoat, or even as a primer/base cover, but, personally I wouldnt use it as a finish coat.

I find Gliddens a bit grainy and dries very quickly so its easy to leave roller marks. You can improve the flow though by adding a wee bit water - about half cup of water to 2.5 Ltres. This slows the absorbtion rate slightly so the paint has time to settle, you're less likely to show roller marks but it won't affect the overall drying time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back