Do I paint Ceiling or walls first??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear All

Over the next few weekends I shall be painting my kitchen.

I have purchased some Gliddens White for mist coating the ceiling and some Gliddens Magnolia for mist coating the walls. I have some Dulux endurance for the top coats.

I want to make as good a job as possible and have been gathering information from the forums.

My question relates to order of painting. Bearing in mind I have different colour paint for the mist coats, Should I mist coat the ceiling then the walls straight after. Or alternatively, should I mist coat and then top coat the ceiling and then mist coat and top coat the walls????

Some help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Need Help21

Sponsored Links
start at the top and work down

(drips and splashes go downwards)

Assuming the mist coats are a very quick job, do the ceiling and walls in mist first, then go back and do the ceiling when dried

Your mist coat does not HAVE to be in final colour. You can use white supermatt which gives a good surface. after applying the first coat you may see some blemishes which you want to fix before continuing.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back