Paint Coverage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We're painting newly plastered walls and ceilings and have a couple of questions about paint coverage.

1. So far we were planning on doing the following coats onto the plaster:
- 1 mist coat of Gliddens contract matt
- 1 full coat of Gliddens
- 2 full coats of Dulux trade colour (a light colour of some sort)

Does that sound ok?

2. What sort of paint coverage should be be looking at per litre for the Dulux Trade? They claim 17m2 per litre, but from experience they must be applying it to glass with a squeegee, as I'm lucky to get 1/2 that with a medium roller :(

Sponsored Links
Applying contract emulsion as a mist coat is fine, yet i'm a little confused with regard to the Gliddens and the two coats of Dulux Trade, is it your intention to apply these to the same area?

Dec

It was, i don't know how much of a base you need to put onto the bare plaster.

If you can go mist coat straight to 1/2 coats of final colour then that's great.

No wonder you are not getting good coverage, apply your contract matt thinned approx 20% then apply two coats of your choosen colour thinned around 5% to ease both application and flow.

Dec

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back