Gliderol electric garage door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone have a gliderol electric garage door?

I have one, its the old type with a single button fob to open and close it.

I have encountered a issue with it. I can no longer use either of the two fobs to operate it.
The manual button on the control box still opens and closes it, and both the fobs led, s are lighting when i press them.

it seems to be a pairing issue. The control box and each fob has 9 slide switches i have made sure there identical and changed them around a bit (not sure if i should of) but still no joy.

Can anyone help me here? is there a specific way to pair the remotes up?

Sponsored Links
I would guess they don't need to be paired, like a more modern system - just the codes set in the switches need to be matched. I would also guess at the receiver having failed in the control box.

In which case you best way forward will be a new, modern control box - look on ebay.

hmm you maybe onto something. Although i can kind of remember when i bought the second remote a few years back there was more to it than just matching the switches (i had been messing around with a alarm box at the same time i maybe confusing things)

Sponsored Links
hmm you maybe onto something. Although i can kind of remember when i bought the second remote a few years back there was more to it than just matching the switches (i had been messing around with a alarm box at the same time i maybe confusing things)

If pairing is needed, probably there will be a pair button on the control unit. Another method might be it allows pairing for a few seconds after the power is turned on to the control unit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back