roller shutter door manual electric into remote???????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi i work in a fire station and they have had new roller shutter doors installed but no remote at all and no panel on the outside of the building. now as we are unable to modify them ourselves, i was thinking of possibly a button to attach over the open button that can be controlled via a fob. so when the signal is recieved a part of the stick on button presses the hard wired open button. any help and advise would be very much appreciated :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Elero make switch units for these shutters. Which can be used with remotes.

Your idea is 1, not the best way. The controller should operate the shutter motor not just the switch.

2. You say your not allowed to modify.................

yeah modifying is a definate no no.... i just wanted something that could be stuck on and taken off without taking the unit actually apart. so just fob or something linked to a button i could stick over the button as if i was merly pressing the button from the inside.

does and such button exist lol.

sorry im not very technical with doors etc and just thought there may be a simple fix .. thanks for the fast reply also

In a word, no.

Nothing like you suggest.
Anything will require hard wiring into the system.

Sponsored Links
What about modifying some part from a remote control car (like the steering solenoid) and using that?

Not the best solution but sounds like the kind of thing you were asking.

What about modifying some part from a remote control car (like the steering solenoid) and using that?

Not the best solution but sounds like the kind of thing you were asking.

Fine make a stupid suggestion to something not even allowed in a building which has to pass stricter standards than most.

You need to find out the make of the electric tension motor that will be in the roller tube.
Is the button that is fixed inside the building that operates the roller hard wired in or does it have it own power supply (battery)?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back