Glo-Worm pilot light wont stay lit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My central heating boiler is a Gloworm 60EB, The guy came to service it 2 weeks ago, My wife told him the pilot light was going out & I had told her to tell him it was the thermo-coupling as its happened several times before. he did not accept this & replaced the pilot jet & left. Next day the boiler pilot was out & it would not light at all. She called the company again & the same guy came & reluctantly changed the thermo coupling at my wifes insistance. Next day the pilot was out & after several attempts she got it relit. This has been going on for 3 days, relighting every time. Today its out again & wont light at all. This guy only visits outr area on a Wednesday so she has to do without any heating or hot water in the intrim.

Advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
occasionaly the thermo-electric valves can fail which it sounds like yours is, unfortunately it's an integral component of the gas valve which will need replacing. (the thermocouple was changed wasn't it?)

Yes the thermo coupling was changed. The fault has only happened after he replaced the pilot valve. the eng said it wasnt the thermo-coupling, but I think that was all it was. He then changed the pilot valve & the problem of the gas not lighting at all, started

Sponsored Links
hi if you can give me the gc no (or its name ) on the inside of the boiler might be able to help more but,
The flame of the pilot must cover the tip of the thermo-couple and it must spark properly to light,is it set up right.
some gloworm boilers have an intrupter on the thermo-couple near the gas valve look for two wires in line with it ,these wires will relate to a thermostat normally boiler over heat !!. (getting complicated now) any way as the previous post said it may be the gas valve but unless you are safe with gas [/b](dont try to change it.)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back