Glow warm Economy Plus Central Heating Noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our Central Heating is Open Vented with a Glow warm Economy Plus boiler. It makes noise in the boiler. The noise seems to be from water boiling. May be not enough water in the pipe. I have tried to bleed the radiators with no success. The noise comes during hot water or central heating.

Can not figure out the source of the noise.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
When you say 'bleed the radiators with no success' what exactly do you mean? No air, no water, nothing at all?

Is there any water in the feed and expansion tank, presumably located in the loft?

I have bleeded the radiator. and water comes out. So, I presume there is now air in the system. I am not sure.

In the loft tank is properly sealed with black polythene. Never touched it. Can not say if there is water there or not. All water taps in the house works.

Another thing we noticed is that when we flash the toilet there is noise in the water pipe somewhere in the loft.

Sponsored Links
It may well be kettling which is not uncommon on those boilers. The noise is from the heat exchanger which contains some scale/debris and will do no harm. It's best to get the water circulation checked and maybe a service done and take advice from your serviceman. Noises are very hard to diagnose without a site visit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back