Glow Worm 18HXi - 00 Flashing on LCD display

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Currently waiting for the plumber to arrive.

Our Glow Worm 18HXi is showing no signs of life at all.

Other than 00 flashing on and off on the LCD display.

Turning the unit off at the wall and back on again, it flashes once 11, once 07, and then starts flashing constantly 00.

Nothing about these errors in the manual.

Does anyone know what these errors mean?

Sponsored Links
as above sounds like its in service mode. Has it just been serviced? If you leave it for 15mins it should automatically revert to normal operation.

Yes just been serviced. When the plumber came back he adjusted one of the pots on the circuit board. It fired up fine after that and has been ok since then.

I take it he must have forgot to adjust the pot back to its original setting?

Sponsored Links
I take it he must have forgot to adjust the pot back to its original setting?

yeh basically, still its a good indication the service was done properly! and in all fairness they are supposed to come out of service mode automatically after 15mins.

Cheers both for your advice.

I also noticed that he turned the temp gauge on the boiler up to max (in fairness the gledhill boilermate does advise this) however with the temp turned right up, whenever the central heating is on, there's a fairly loud rumbling noise in the house.

I presume this is something to do with it. I've since turned the temp back down to what I did have it on and it seems to have been ok since.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back