Glow worm 18hxi

S

safeliam

I recently carried out a service on a 18hxi, removed the pcb cover and was welcomed by a huge flash and a blown pcb fused. There was a loose connector inside the pcb casing thathad touched the pcb and kept blowing fuses. The pcb had been changed from an original board too a new board but the previous engineer didnt stick on the new wiring diagram, I followed the new wiring diagram and connected the DC Fan connector too the new board, this continud too blow fuses . I then changed the board as insteuxted (this time leaving out the now redundent DC connector and inserting the yellow card. But on power up I now get F3 fault code, called glow worm they insisted it must be a faulty board as I am getting no voltage accross the fan connector. I IMAGINE NO ONE ELSE HAS HAD THIS PROBLEM AND I AM TERRIBLY EMBARRASED ABOUT IT, BUT I NEED ADVISE PLEEEASE???

Sponsored Links
You should have powered off at local isolator before opening the pcb cover. ;)

Sponsored Links
Rather than damage parts of your boiler yourself why did you not get an engineer to do it for you?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back