Glow Worm 30 ci losing pressure.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have searched and read about this, but can't find the same thing that I am experiencing. :cry:

Our system is about 2 years old, and uses a 30ci combi, but lately we have been experiencing some sort of pressure issue.

When the heating is on, it is dripping water out of the overflow, then when it knocks off, the pressure drops dramatically and the boiler refuses to switch on until re-pressurised.

Any advice greatly appreciated, also have to say that I am not proposing to dive in myself (unless it is something I am legally allowed to do0, I ask more for information than anything else, before calling someone in.

I have a feeling that as it is resistance that causes pressure, that as the system has never been flushed (even after install as once the cheque cleared, the plumber was unavailable suddenly), I have an inclining that it could possibly be some sort of sludge? if so how do I flush the system?

Thanks for your help/advice :)

Sponsored Links
Check the expansion vessel is pressurised to 1 Bar when the system pressure is a zero.

So I would be better off getting a corgi dude in then :D

The guy who fitted the boiler and the system did mention draining it a week later and filling it again with inhibitor. Never happened, (probably because his check cleared :D ) Could this be a contributing factor do you think? as in there could be gunge in there causing the back pressure?

i agree with g4y you need to check the expansion vessel for pressure loss and re pressurize with foot pump,, this will req a drain down,,not to difficult all depends on your own confidence with this type of work..if you do call some one in a quality engineer should be able to do in under 60 mins,,sludge can block pipe to expansion vessal but you still need to check vessels pressure first , 9 times out of 10 the pressure is low in vessel. :D

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your advice, much appreciated.

I normally give out lots of advice daily on internet marketing so I really appreciate your help, as I know how soul destroying it can be sometimes. It makes a nice change for me to be asking for advice rather than dishing it out :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back