Glow worm 30 HXi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear all

As with most appliances the mi's are rubish when it come to fault finding
The fault code is F13, instructions say faulty connection to PCB, I have pulled off and reconnected all the leads on the pcb and it workied fine for about an hour, customer then phones and says same code has come up again. Any idea's
Mike

Sponsored Links
This is one of those situations where it would be nice to know EXACTLY what it is that triggers that fault code.

Usually the manufacturers dont actually know.

In the case of less popular boilers there is little incentive for most engineers to spend time experimenting to see just what does what.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Update

Fitted main PCB, and little controller PCB (?), and nowt works now.
Refitted old main and little PCB's and boiler works then goes to F13, can it be possible that both new boards are faulty ? or is there another underlining problem,
also noticed in the new pcb box, that it comes with a set of instructions for hxi, sxi, combi fitting, seams the manufacture has changed how it fits into the circuits and ther is a bridging piece for the fan transformer (not required on hxi. :confused:

The boiler is fitted in paralell with another 30 hxi which had managed to completly destroy the burner seal, a bit of a mess to sort and clean up, saving grace on that one is I had a new graphite seal kit on the van

Bless those wonderful peeps at Glow worm for making probably the crapest boiler in the world (al la clarkson voice)

Mike

:rolleyes: and these boilers will last 15 years hmmmm... wonder how many are orange stained from the seals leaking . i had one doing the same thing check that wiring harness to fan. Most of the time the pcb rectifies the fault :rolleyes: manufacturers favourite saying 'its got to be a pcb fault' ;) ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back