glow worm 30sxi fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im a retired installer but am having trouble with my own boiler.glow-worm 30 sxi system boiler.Boiler comes on when clock calls,but when it turns itself off on the boiler stat it does not come back on (shows f1 or f2 fault ignition f.last week showed f13 fault pcb)once ive reset it it fires straight away.boiler burner and igniter changed because burner seal leaking. any ideas what fault could be,im getting baffled?

Sponsored Links
From your description there are a few things to check.

As your getting multiple fault codes and a seal failure check that the wiring harness hasn't been damaged by heat.

Sometimes the boiler will cut out on minimum rate and constantly keep going through the ignition sequence till it goes to fault code.

F2 is usually a fan fault so as mentioned before check the harness.

Finally it could just be a pcb fault

Measure thermistor values both at the thermistor and at the circuit board.

Does the boiler actually come on and try to fire then fault code?

Or just never come on again?

Sponsored Links
Did you ever get this sorted out? I am having the same problem, boiler fires up get the water to temperature and then the flame shuts off, will not re-ignite. My gas engineer is talking about having to replace the boiler?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back