Glow worm 30Ci - CLeaning the Pressure sensor?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a problem with my Glow worm boiler (again). I think I have diagnosed the probolem as a faulty pressure sensor. Yesterday I took it off the boiler. It had a build up of black rust type substance on it. I tried to clean it, put it back on and this fixed the problem (this was the first time that it would register the pressure rising when filled).

Basically, it does not work anymore and I was wondering if any one had any tips for cleaning it properly, or if I should just stop being so cheap and buy a new part. Are these sensors delicate? - I was being quite delicate cleaning it yesterday.

Would spraying some cillit bang and using wire wool and a screwdriver be worth a go?

Thanks,

Stan.

Sponsored Links
I believe the dirty water is the problem. Even if You change the sensor you may have the same problem after a period of time. The debriness could close the sensor pressure hole stopping bloking the water pressure. I suggest you to flush the system down with clean water, add an inhibitor and replace the sensor.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back