Glow Worm 38Cxi won't power up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I switched my boiler off to fit a new shower thermostat but when I tried to switch it back on it's completely dead. There is power to the boiler but is there anything else obvious I can check? I have also checked the PCB fuse (the fuse is working but there is no power across the fuse) and the switch.

I did read in the manual of a Safety Shutdown, what is that? The manual just says if this happens call Glow Worm. I can't think of anything that I might have done to trigger a safety shutdown.

Thanks as usual.

Pete

Sponsored Links
If you have a deadly boiler you may be safer calling an engineer!

If you have a deadly boiler you may be safer calling an engineer!

Sounds about right. Peter Tobin is a serial killer :eek: , possibly AKA Bible John - he's bound to have a deadly boiler, and a deadly everything else I shouldn't wonder.

Do they have combis on 'B wing' of max security? Only a serial killer would buy a Glow Worm cxi anyhow. :LOL:

Thanks for the constructive feedback. Just wanted to know if I needed a new PCB but I appear to have posted to the wrong forum.

Sponsored Links
I would say an engineer rather than a PCB.

But obviously its your choice!

No problem, just like to check for the obvious to avoid time/expense but I wouldn't dabble with a boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back