Glow Worm 52b Super

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all

Our neighbour has a Glow Worm 52b super where the pilot has gone out.

I have not - and will not - go near the CC but am I right in thinking that the push switch on the bottom left of the boiler attached to the CC should generate a spark by pushing it down? If so, it's not and how do you replace the battery?

I see this thread says to remove the sight glass - //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1307058#1307058 - and use a taper/match yet I feel this is bad advice on an RS boiler?

Either way she has an RGI coming tomorrow to have a look and work out why it went out in the first place but if there was a way to get it lit for her tonight I'd like to know

Cheers
Steve

Sponsored Links
Opening the CC or removing the sight glass is very inappropriate and bad advice to give a DIYer.

It sounds as if she has not been having the boiler serviced regularly otherwise this problem would have been addressed.

A boiler with a permanent pilot light is not very efficient and would be better replaced with a modern condensing boiler.

Hopefully the RGI will sort it out easily.

Tony

Hi Tony

Just as I thought. She's not long moved in and everything but the archaic boiler had been renewed/serviced.

Either way RGI is on his way over tonight to have a look at it for her, hopefully it's fixable.

Sponsored Links
Bit of an oversight not to have had that old boiler renewed or at the very least serviced!

In fact I always recommend that anyone buying a property should have the gas/heating installation serviced and safety checked!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back