Glow worm beta com 30 heating problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I moved into a flat that has a beta com 30 installed and straight away had problems with the heating. The boiler fires up ok and temp will go to 80 then after a few minutes the boiler cuts off as if it thinks the flat is up to temp which it isn't even when leaving heating on for five hour the warmest it gets is 17 degrees. Told the landlord who had had boiler guy out to look he said nothing wrong with boiler maybe rads are blocked. Plumber turned up when I was out and said he took them all off and cleared them but still getting no real heating in flat. The closest rad to the boiler works the best but the rest just get hot near the top but im not surprised if only 40 degrees is getting pumped around most of the time. There's no room thermostat wired up ...would this help or can I bypass the built in one to test it. I've given as much info as I can for now but please feel free to ask anything else that may get me a nice warm flat ....thanks

Sponsored Links
Is it a betacom c by any chance?
It might just need the return filter cleaning if it is

Hi yes it's a c model . I took the top of the mag filter didn't seem too dirty is there a built in filter on this model as well.

Yep a gauze filter in the heating return isolation valve. Should be the valve on the right hand side with blue handle but some people fit them incorrectly on the left hand side flow pipe

Sponsored Links
Ok great will check ...will I have to drain down boiler or can i isolate as yes it's on the right but only a small blue tap before filter and not after

Yes you will have to isolate flow+return and drain boiler. Ridged chrome nut on the front unscrews and filter is inside

Ok done that gauze didn't seem bad and when I opened flow and return one at a time get a good flow back with cap removed ....wait and see now

Hi mate,
Did you get anywhere with your boiler, I have the exact same issue I can’t seem to resolve it,
Please help!!!

Attachments

• IMG_2429.jpeg
    IMG_2429.jpeg
    342.1 KB · Views: 15
  • 9b761460-d8b9-4dcf-a963-bc672df7d21e.jpeg
    9b761460-d8b9-4dcf-a963-bc672df7d21e.jpeg
    225.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2431.jpeg
    IMG_2431.jpeg
    325.9 KB · Views: 12

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back