Glow worm 30 CX help appreciated

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had a Glow worm 30 CX boiler installed and I have noticed that it heats up to 74 degrees when I have set the boiler central heating to 72 degrees ; is it normal for the boiler to go pass the setting it is set at by a couple of degrees?

Two gas boiler engineers have told me that there is a chance of the condenser filling up and blocking hindering the boiler because it is near to a washing machine; I have had the correct trap fitted under the sink with flex going to the Waste pipe but what I would like to know is if I should turn the central heating off and not use the hot water taps when I use the washing machine? to avoid this all together.

Probably novice questions but sensible ones to the trade I hope

Any answers appreciated and Thank You

Sponsored Links
Yes it is normal for the actual temerature to "overshoot" by a couple of degrees, your are sellecting a "set-point" temperature so it is quite normal for the actual temperature to settle either side of the setpoint.

As for your Condensate, it is impossible to advise on this without seeing the actual installation, how aabout some pictures? ;)

Thanks boilerman2 I can't supply a photo at the moment but I had the washing machine on the other day and it didn't cause any problems with the boiler. I have noticed a few things since I had the combi put in the hot water in the kitchen gets very hot the more I turn the hot water tap up; I have the boiler set at 55 degrees for the hot water but I noticed when I run the hot water tap in the bathroom that is very near to the kitchen in fact next door the hot water comes out for a few seconds then it is more like a warm water all the time stabilising at that and doesn't get hotter when I turn the tap up I was wondering if this is normal the bathroom situation changes when I have the central heating on it seems to come out very hot how I would like it to come out just like when I turn the tap up in the kitchen

Thanks for your help so far!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back